This post relates to details of who can Apply for UK Short Term Study Visa.

Short Term Study Visa.

An applicant can apply for a UK Short Term Study Visa if.:

  • he/she is doing a short course of study in the UK.
  • the applicant is from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
  • you meet the other requisite eligibility requirements.

If an applicant intends to visit UK as an academic visitor then he/she needs to apply for a Standard Visit visa.

What an applicant can and can’t do whilst on a Short Term Study Visa.

The applicant can do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course. Moreover, an applicant can undertake research for a short period as part of a degree course if he/she is studying abroad. However, an applicant can not study at a state school. Moreover, he can not either work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business. Neither he/she can extend the visa nor bring family members (‘dependants’) as they must need to apply separately. Lastly, the applicants can not get public funds.

The applicant can live up-to 6 months – for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research if you’re 18 or over. The applicant can live up-to 11 months – if he/she is 18 or over and taking an English language course.

Eligibility for applying UK Short Term Study Visa.

The applicant must prove that the offered course in the UK is at an accepted place of study. The applicant need to have enough money to support him/herself without.:

  • working or.
  • help from public funds.

Moreover, that relatives and friends can support and house the applicant. At the same time, applicant need to show that he/she can pay for the return or onward journey.

In case the applicant is under 18 years of age then the applicant must need to show that he/she has made arrangements for  travel and stay in the UK. Moreover, have permission from his/her parent or guardian to study in the UK.

Applying short term study visa to learn English as a foreign language.

The applicant must be at least 18 years of age. And accepted on a course to learn English as a foreign language if the applicant is applying for an eleven (11) month. However, a mixed course, some of which is spent studying English, doesn’t count.

Are there any other types of UK Visitor Visas?

Apart from Short Term Study Visa there are four other types of UK Visitor Visas.:
  1. Standard Visit Visa.
  2. Marriage Visitor Visa.
  3. Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visa.
  4. Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.

Accordingly, details of the above four types of visitor visas are available at.:

If your visa application has been refused then may visit UK Visa Refusals for further information.

Moreover, you may find details relating either UK Visit Visa Fee at UK Visit Visa Application Fee.

Lastly, if you are interested in knowing the details of the documents then may go to Documents Checklist.