This post relates to details of who can Apply Standard Visit Visa for visiting UK as a:
- Family Visitor.
- General Visitor.
- Child Visitor.
- Business Visitor, including visas for academics, doctors, and dentists.
- Sports Visitor.
- Entertainer Visitor.
- Prospective Entrepreneur.
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor.
- Approved Destination Status.
Purpose of visiting UK for applying Standard Visit Visa.
One can only apply for a Standard Visitor visa if he/she intends to visit the UK for the following reasons:
- Tourism: leisure and sight seeing – either for the first time or at periodic intervals.
- To visit UK either to meet family and relatives or to see friends.
- For conducting matters relating to business such as:
- meeting the distributors in UK if the applicant is an exporter of goods from Pakistan to UK.
- inspecting machinery and negotiation with the exporter in UK, if one is an importer/manufacturer,
- to attend a conference, meeting or training.
- An academic doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme.
- Either a Doctor or a dentist is coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post.
- The applicants coming for a Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- A prospective entrepreneur visiting UK to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK.
- Take part in sports.
- To participate in creative events.
- Receiving private medical treatment.
What you can and can’t do during your stay in UK on a Standard Visit Visa?
The applicant can undertake the following activities:
- conduct any type of business-related activities mentioned in the UK Visitor Rules.
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit.
- take part in an exchange program or educational visit (if the applicant is under 18).
- convert your civil partnership into a marriage.
However, an applicant can not do paid or unpaid work, live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits, get public funds, marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
Are there any other types of UK Visitor Visas?
- Marriage Visitor Visa.
- Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visa.
- Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.
- Short Term.
Accordingly, details of the above four types of visitor visas are available at:
- MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA.
- PARENT OF A TIER 4 CHILD VISA.
- PERMITTED PAID ENGAGEMENT VISA.
- SHORT-TERM STUDY VISA.
If your previous standard visit visa has been refused due to any mandatory or discretionary refusal under Appendix V of the UK Immigration Rules then you may visit our Blog UK Visa Refusals for further information. We do provide consultations on refused applications. Therefore, if you a curious to discuss your refusal decision with one of our experts then visit UK Visa & Immigration Consultants Karachi & London so as to know the appointment procedure.
Lastly, if you are interested in knowing the details of the documents you intend to submit with the UK Visit Visa Application then please go to UK Visit Visa Documents Checklist.