Permitted Paid Engagement Visa – Who Can Apply?

This post relates to details of who can Apply for Permitted Paid Engagement Visa for visiting UK.

One can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if he/she.:

  • wants to come to the UK to do specific paid work.- without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system.
  • are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
  • meet the other eligibility requirements.

The applicant can live up to one (1) month in UK on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.

What a visitor can and can not do on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

The visit can be either a student examiner or a assessor. He/she can take part in selection panels for the education, arts or research organisation that has invited the applicant as a highly qualified academic. The visitor can give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role.

Applicant (s) can examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the visitor’s country, by invitation of an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.

The applicant can provide advocacy in a particular area of law.

He/she can take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting.

Visitor can take part in fashion modelling assignments. Moreover, applicants can do minor activities related to your work or business overseas, eg meetings.

However, the visitors on Permitted Paid Engagement Visa are not allowed to:

  • do specific paid work unrelated to his/her main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by his/her visa.
  • extend this visa or switch to another visa.
  • live in the UK for extended periods.
  • get public funds.
  • study for more than 30 days – studying can’t be the main reason for your visit.
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
  • bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application – they must apply separately.

General Eligibility Criteria for applying for Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.

You must prove that you.

  • are 18 or over.
  • are visiting the UK for no more than 1 month.
  • will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
  • have enough money without help from public funds to support and house yourself.
  • can pay for your return or onward journey.
  • are not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.